Shadow People

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2018 2:09 pm  #1

My experience still vivid after 40 years !

Hello im a newbie to the forum ...I have never revealed the whole experience to anyone purely because I feel so silly trying to explain it and don't want people thinking im crazy , im so glad I found this forum it will be such a relief to  finally try to explain my shadow people experience with other who can identify , well here go's ...I was 5 years old squirming around im bed ,restless and unable to sleep , I suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling of being watched the feeling was so intense I was scared to look in the direction I was getting the feeling, but felt I had to see to reassure myself so  I managed to build up all my courage to turn around and right there by my bed was a darker than dark silhouette of a man no features  , he appeared to be sitting by my bed just watching me .. I froze with fear as a child of 5 I couldn't even drum up the courage to run to my parents bedroom which was next door to mine and was too frightened to scream , I sorta curled up tight and played dead and dared not open my eyes again,  I must have eventually fallen asleep .I woke the next morning … desperately trying to explain to my mother what happened and as parents do ( well mine anyway ) she just dismissed it as a bad dream or maybe a reflection from the lamp post outside ...I just knew that wasn't the case , firstly I wasn't even sleeping when I saw this shadow man and the intense feeling I got with it too it was all so vivid . As you can imagine I dreaded bedtime that night begging to sleep in my parents bed with them but was sent to my own room . somehow I managed to get to sleep that night eventually but woke up in the night hearing my Nanna calling my name ( my nanna was still very much alive back then ) and she didn't live with us , I was confused it was the middle of the night everyone sleeping I sat up and answered " where are you " she replied " down stairs ! " so I excitedly jumped out of bed to go and see her  all the lights in the house were switched off which puzzled me but I went downstairs anyway convinced my nanna was here and wondering why she was here in the middle of the night , once downstairs I could see no sign of her I headed towards the lounge then all of a sudden I got that overwhelming dark feeling back , I looked around me there was several of these shadow people some sitting on the sofas and chairs a couple standing they looked like they were in some sort of discussion although I couldn't here any talking  ( sounds weird I know )  they all stopped what they were doing and turned to face me , I was rooted to the spot for what felt like an eternity one of them was in some kind of ready to pounce type position and I felt completely terrified and got the sudden urge to RUN fast straight back upstairs and into my parents room I wriggled into bed right in the middle of them hoping to feel safe my heart racing , I looked around the room hoping they were gone but saw 3 of them behind my parents wardrobe , the wardrobe was at an angle at the corner of the room and there was space behind it where these things were standing they seemed to be watching me and whispering to each other with no sound . once again I begged my parents to allow me to stay in their bed desperately trying to explain my shadow people encounter they didn't seem to take me seriously and again dismissed it at the time I couldn't believe they could be so cruel as this was all very real to me . they found it slightly amusing and just told me if they come back  just tell them to  go away . ...well it just gets weirder the following night got really scary , in the middle of the night I heard a voice calling me this time not a voice I recognised it was a terrifying sinister voice calling my name  remembering what my mum said I plucked up the courage to yell " GO AWAY " which seemed to irritate whatever the hell it was it responded by mimicking the voice of a Darlek ( from doctor who ) …As a child I was petrified of the darleks in doctor who   somehow they seemed to know this and use it to scare the crap outta me … I know it sounds totally bonkers but it was very real I can assure you  , I tried to stay brave yelling back you cant get me darleks cant use stairs ( I was only 5 Lol )  it replied saying " we can float upstairs  we will exterminate , exterminate  ( still in a darlek voice ) ...at this point I don't know if I passed out with absolute fear and woke the next morning remembering every detail about what happened ….then strangely that was the last I saw or heard of them leaving me with so many unanswered questions after all these years I still vividly remember my encounter with shadow people :O  … Why me , I was a 5 year old little girl ? .why would they want to scare a child so much ? ..what the hell are they ?   they seemed to be able to see into my mind and know my fears and know I was really close with my nanna mimicking her voice using it to lure me to them , Are they some kind of alien being ?  maybe they don't know our emotions , maybe they thought they were playing with me  or maybe they are just evil :O ...that experience left me so shook up I grew up wanting answers and wondering if there are other people out there that have experienced similar ...I am now fascinated in the paranormal and anything alien related  and throughout my life had a couple of other paranormal experiences but I have never seen shadow people again .. can any of you relate to this or know what this could have been ?  

Last edited by Grebbie (2/21/2019 5:13 am)

9/30/2018 3:28 am  #2

Re: My experience still vivid after 40 years !

I had similar experience like you with shadow people. I had 2 fedora hat men that scared me at tender age like yours. I’m 39 right now and I too remember two encounters in one night with them. I remember it like it was yesterday and I too remember every terrifying detail of the encounter. After telling it all to my parents they brushed it off as my imagination just like your parents did to you. I’ve never seen shadow people since that night ever again and till this day I’m still wondering why they showed themselves to me that night. Did they just try to scare me (they succeeded in it as they terrified me btw)? I would love to know who they were and what did they want with me that night. I still consider it to be the most terrifying night of my life. The fear was almost beyond words and very hard to describe with words.

11/07/2018 5:26 am  #3

Re: My experience still vivid after 40 years !

I went on to experience other weird encounters throughout my life,  in my very early teens I woke with up in the night with a bizarre feeling that I was floating I was still very sleepy and thought maybe im dreaming but I could feel with my hands that my body wasn't touching the mattress there was about a 2" gap between me and the bed once I realised this I sunk back down onto into the bed ..I woke the next morning remembering it vividly , but questioned myself thinking maybe it was some kind of lucid dream ..still makes me wonder ! .   My next encounter I was 20 years old  a week previously I had just given birth to my baby girl , it was about 2am , I woke up to an intense feeling that someone was there in bedroom beside me and my daughter it sort of felt like a heavy static sort of feeling ,I glanced over at my daughters crib and was shocked to see a slightly hazy image of my Grandad peering over my Daughters cradle ….he had died a few months earlier while I was pregnant as ! he seemed to be smiling as if to say I just popped by to see my new great granddaughter then he just sort of faded away  ...as lovely as that sounds it was such a shock , I was so scared ...my daughter was starting to wake up for her feed , I scooped her up to feed her and couldn't bring myself to look in the direction or the cradle after changing and feeding her I placed her in bed with me because i was scared to put her back in the cradle where i just saw the ghostly image of my grandad ..but i also wonder if this experience was connected in some way to shadow people as the feeling i got was the exact intense ,heavy feeling i felt when i saw shadow people as a little girl , could it have been them again mimicing ? :o  . I had another weird experience in my early 30s my auntie was in the final stages of lung cancer I woke up abruptly feeling I had just heard my Auntie say to me " You can come and see me you know ! " in a slightly stroppy voice .. we had not been in contact much over the years ( family issues ) I sat bolt upright in bed my Husband asked what was wrong , I explained what happened and told him this is gonna sound crazy but I have this strong urge telling me to make a note of the time . It was !:32am  . the next day I got a phone call from my mum saying my Aunty had passed away at exactly 1.32 pm .. strange coincidence  my Husband was totally spooked . 

Last edited by Grebbie (2/21/2019 5:21 am)

Board footera